Stoke makes it easy for companies to monitor their operational assets. As a Data Scientist at Stoke, you will work on extracting insights from data generated by heavy industrial machinery.
The selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Using predictive modeling techniques.
- Using machine learning, data mining and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore and extract insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Developing software algorithms and applications to apply mathematics to data.
- Performing large-scale experimentation and building data-driven apps to translate data into intelligence to solve a variety of business problems and enable business strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Be a problem solver.
- Action oriented and a self-starter.
- Good project management skills.
The candidate must possess at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field, with at least 2+ years of experience in the below-mentioned areas of expertise.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a similar field, with at least 4+ years of experience in the below-mentioned areas of expertise.
- Data Scientist Toolkit including time series models, machine learning, simulation optimization and the skills to develop models with structured and unstructured data.
- Scripting languages like Python, Perl, and R.
- Simulation tools such as MATLAB, etc.
- Background in rapid application development and integration.
- Software development, debugging and optimization skills.
- Programming languages like Java, C, and SQL.
Stoke helps improve uptime, reduce maintenance costs and maximize productivity for remote industrial assets by making it easy to monitor them, regardless of where they are located. Our solution, SmartEdge, combines smart sensors, edge AI and ubiquitous connectivity into a plug-and-play system that provides our customers actionable insights to prevent asset downtime and failures before they can impact productivity.
Stoke was founded in 2020 and is headquartered in Silicon Valley.